Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

L'Occitane's Pivoine Flora Review & Swatches

Finally - my review and swatches of the items I bought from the L'Occitane Pivoine Flora makeup collection!  (To see my haul click here)


Petals Eye Quartet
Absolutely LOVE this quartet!  Even my sweet hubby gave me a compliment when I wore this out!  ^_^  The quartet contains a pale pinkbeigerose and a deep purple eye shadow.  Very pretty, feminine colours.  Flattering for even olive/tan skin tone folks like me.  These eyeshadows are AMAZING.  I would say that these are the creamiest and smoothest eye shadows I have come across so far.  Like I said in a previous post, this is even smoother than Chanel's quint eye shadow from the spring 2011 collection!  The pigmentation is also amazing.  It comes with a double-ended applicator - with a fairly usable brush on one end and a fairly dense sponge applicator on the other.  I have used the brush end a couple of times and it does a reasonable job if you are on the go.  But, I must say that the quality of the shadows really make the difference in making application easy and fool-proof.  It blends like a dream.  I need just the gentlest tap or two of the brush and that's pretty much it for a day-time wash of colour.  You can build it up very easily with just a tiny bit more!  It is also creamy enough to apply with finger tips if you wish and just dab, dab, dab away!
Petals Eye Quartet with removable mirror.
Pretty print on the back of the removable compact mirror.
Up close.
Finger swatches of each eye shadow from the Petals Eye Quartet.
Facecolour Cream Duo in Rose Reverence
Consists of a matte, bright pink blush, which is creamy to the touch and blends well into a matte velvety powder finish.  Beautiful!  Most cream blushes I've tried if not all are quite creamy and have a quite moist, sometimes sticky finish, so this blush really is quite unique in my makeup collection.  The second part of the duo is a pearly highlighter shade which according to the product's instructions is to be applied on the apples of the cheeks to catch the light. ^_^



Lipsticks in Fuschia & Rose
The lipsticks are sheer, very smooth, moist and creamy.  Feels comfortable, beautiful and just melts on the lips.  I prefer these to the Paul & Joe lipsticks for instance.  I found the latter in comparison, to have a slightly more waxy feel.  I love the Fuschia one for my pigmented lips for everyday wear.  Also I'm a sucker for pink lip colour!  The Rose one does not show up as much so is most suitable for paler skinned folks or those with pale lips.




Lip Shines in Grenadine & Peche


I really like these glosses.  These also feel nice and comfortable on the lips.  The fine shimmers give a beautiful, flattering glimmer to the lips.  Similarly with Chanel Glossimers, the effect can be fully appreciated in the sunlight.  


The two I bought are Peche #03 (peach) and Grenadine #04 (red).  Very moisturising, non-gloopy and not too sticky texture.  Both contain lots of fine gold shimmers - very pretty indeed!  In the tube, the peach reminds me a little of a Nars Orgasm lip gloss, too.


On me, the Peche is more natural looking and slightly milky which is good for my unevenly pigmented lips (particularly quite dark pigmentation on my upper lips) as it gives my lips a slightly more even coverage.  I imagine Peche would look even more flattering on fairer skin tones.







Scent
Slight scent of peony extract, which I like.  I can be sensitive to strong scents in makeup, but this does not bother me and I can't really smell it once the lip products are applied for instance.  If you are very sensitive to scents, you may wish to try this at the store first.

Prices & Sizes

Overall Recommendation
Definitely give these a try!  For the price and quality I think you'll be more than pleasantly surprised.  Personally, I will be keeping an eye out for more makeup from L'Occitane and purchasing them again.  I'm VERY impressed!  I particularly love the Petals eye shadow quartet, fuschia lipstick, lip shine in peche and the pink blush (from the facecolour cream duo) on me.  ^_^  The sales lady at the counter also included a little pamphlet with step-by-step instructions of how best to apply the eye shadows and cream duos, which I thought was cute and fairly useful.  Love the packaging - lightweight, but sturdy-enough cardboard type container for travel.  It's very similar to Paul & Joe's packaging.  How pretty are the pastel water-coloured ballerinas!

Anyone else tried from the L'Occitane makeup collection?  If so, please share your thoughts in a comment below! x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar