Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

beyonce real name

beyonce real name


Lana Del Rey lashes out at Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj, Doja Cat and other women of color after being accused of glam - New York Daily News

Posted: 21 May 2020 01:16 PM PDT

Del Rey wrote: "Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé have had numbers ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, f---ing, cheating, etc. — can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money — or whatever I want — without being crucified or saying that I'm glamorizing abuse??????"

Attorney General Keith Ellison Takes Over George Floyd Murder Case - Savannah Tribune

Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:09 AM PDT

 
 

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison has taken over the prosecution of ex-police officer Derek Chauvin in the murder of George Floyd, an unarmed and handcuffed African American who died because of the actions of Chauvin and other officers.

"It is with a large degree of humility and great seriousness, I accept for my office, the responsibility for leadership in this critical case involving the killing of George Floyd," Ellison said during a news conference in Minneapolis.

"We are going to bring to bear all the resources necessary to achieve justice in this case," he pronounced.

Ellison's appointment came following a telephone meeting between hip-hop icon Jay-Z and Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.

JAY-Z described the conversation as "very earnest" and thanked Governor Walz.

"Earlier today, Governor Walz mentioned having a human conversation with me – a dad and a black man in pain," Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, wrote in a statement.

"Yes, I am human, a father and a black man in pain, and I am not the only one. This is just a first step. I am more determined to fight for justice than any fight my would-be oppressors may have."

Walz noted that the icon came to him "not as an international performer, but dad, stressing to me that justice needs to be served."

This week, Jay-Z's superstar wife, Beyoncé, also spoke out on Floyd's death on a social media post.

"We need justice for George Floyd," she uttered. "We all witnessed his murder in broad daylight. We're broken, and we're disgusted. We cannot normalize this pain."

Walz's selection of Ellison comes as uprisings are taking place around the country and abroad. It also comes as Floyd's family and their attorney, Ben Crump, have demanded that the other three officers involved face charges.

The family remains outraged that Chauvin is the only officer arrested so far, and prosecutors have leveled just the relatively minor third-degree murder charge against the cop.

Ellison, a former congressman from Minnesota who ran for chair of the Democratic National Committee in 2017, noted that he was accepting the lead on the case with "a large degree of humility and great seriousness."

Ghanaian dancehall singer leads star-studded reggae album - Loop News Jamaica

Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:35 PM PDT

A reggae album featuring the first African dancehall and reggae singer as the headliner will drop this week. 

The album, Tropical House Crusie to Jamaica: The Reggae Collector's Edition, features Ghanaian dancehall and reggae singer Shatta Wale.

Produced by Contractor Music Group from Jamaica, the album also features a list of top-selling artistes from Jamaica such as Capleton, Sizzla, Beenie Man, Vybz Kartel, Elephant Man, Don Yute, Mojo Morgan, Wayne Wonder, Singing Melody, Peetah Morgan, Tommy Lee Sparta, SkilliBeng, Voicemail and Royce Da59.

The release date for the 25-track album is June 5.  

Executive producer Sean 'Contractor' Edwards says the album is a high-intensity reggae vibe that is sure to captivate reggae lovers around the globe.

The first staging of the album two years ago hit number one for four weeks straight on Billboard's Number One album, then spent another nine weeks on Billboard's Top 10. 

"I am very thankful to the reggae fans of Africa, in particular Ghana. We made Shatta Wale, the artist from Ghana as the face of the project to open up the African market and the decision has paid off," Edwards says.

Shatta Wale, real name Charles Nii Armah Mensah, is a Ghanaian-born producer and reggae-dancehall musician.

Wale is well known for his performance in Beyoncé's Lion King Album launched last year.

He's also known as the African Dancehall King and says this album is one of the highlights of his career, solidifying the bridge that reggae joins between Africa and the Caribbean.

"I feel so honoured getting fans from all over the world, especially the Caribbean cause that is one of the greatest places that I want to live. I tell people I have a blood when it comes to the Caribbean, I believe my destination is to be one of those artistes who have blown up in the world coming from the Caribbean. I believe people from the Caribbean are my brothers and sisters and I have that connection with them. Me having fans from the Caribbean makes me feel so honoured," he says.

Wale notes that Africa is open and receptive to reggae music and he's excited about the album's launch.

Tropical House Cruises to Jamaica: the Reggae Collective Edition was produced by a collective that includes Contractor Music Group, Golden Child Records, Beatbopper Records, and Kohanim Records.

Doja Cat denies 'stripping for white supremacists' and using racist insults - BBC News

Posted: 24 May 2020 12:00 AM PDT

Doja CatImage copyright RCA Records
Image caption The singer is currently in the top 10 with her breakout single Say So

Pop star Doja Cat has denied taking part in racist conversations online, and apologised for a song that appeared to mock victims of police brutality.

The star took to Instagram to address several accusations, including the suggestion she had stripped for white supremacists in a video chatroom.

While she called that allegation "100% incorrect", the star admitted to "dumb-ass behaviour" in her past.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you or made you feel in any way upset," she told fans.

The singer/rapper, whose real name is Amalaratna Zandile Dlamini, was responding after the hashtag #DojaCatIsOverParty trended on Twitter over the weekend.

'Bad decision'

The controversy was triggered by the emergence of an old song under the title Dindu Nuffin - a term used to disparage black victims of police brutality.

Some people claimed the lyrics referred to Sandra Bland, a black woman who died in police custody in Texas in 2015, although Dlamini never mentioned her by name in the song.

Subsequently, footage began to circulate of the singer participating on the video chatroom site Tiny Chat, making sexual comments to men who were reportedly members of the alt-right/incel community - an online subculture of white supremacists who are "involuntarily celibate".

In a statement posted to her Instagram on Sunday night, Dlamini tried to put the videos into context

"I've used public chat rooms to socialize since I was a child," she wrote.

"I shouldn't have been on some of those chat room sites, but I personally have never been involved in any racist conversations. I'm sorry to everyone I offended."

The singer, whose father is South African actor Dumisani Dlamini, went on to say she identified as a "black woman" and that she was "very proud of where I come from".

She confessed to writing the song Dindu Nuffin, describing it as a "response to people who often used that term to hurt me". However, she now accepts, "it was a bad decision to use the term in my music".

98 apology videos

Hours after publishing her statement, the singer took to Instagram Live, describing the text as "an edited piece from me and the people I work with", and promising to use her live stream to address the controversy in detail.

After playing fans clips of the 98 video apologies she had drafted over the weekend, the star spent 30 minutes discussing the allegations against her.

She described Dindu Nuffin as "lyrically lost" and "maybe the worst song in the entire world", but insisted it was "in zero ways connected to police brutality or Sandra Bland".

"To see a song, my song that I made, connected to an innocent black woman's death is one of the most awful rumours that I've ever encountered," she added.

Image copyright Doja Cat / Instragram
Image caption The star tackled the accusations against her point-by-point on her Instagram page

Dlamini again denied taking part in racist conversations, while admitting "there is racism that happens across Tiny Chat", suggesting it was more prevalent there than on other social media sites.

However, the star added that she had been a moderator on the site before her musical career took off, and had banned users for comments that were racist or abusive towards women.

"I've been targeted by it and I know it's controllable," she said. "The narrative that it's a white supremacist chat is absolutely 100% incorrect."

Dlamini further addressed people who had said she was guilty of "internalised racism" and self-hatred", saying: "I love my skin colour. I think I'm beautiful".

She acknowledged that some of her promotional photos may have been "lightened to a certain point" but claimed: "That just happens. I'm not behind editing my photos".

And she also denied mocking Beyoncé, following a video that spread across social media in which she appears to refer to the star as "Beyonkey".

"Beyoncé is the cream of the crop," she said. "Beyoncé is the reason why I believe I can be who I am. Beyoncé is one of the driving forces of who I am in my career. Beyoncé is undeniably talented and every time anyone has ever came for Beyoncé, I was there. And that's all I have to say."

Doja Cat's internet history was dragged into the spotlight after the breakout success of her disco anthem Say So, which recently went to number one in the US and number two in the UK.

She concluded her video message by thanking fans for their support, and acknowledging that she was not an ideal role model.

"This is the most serious you're ever going to hear me speak," she said.

"To all of my young fans [and] people who look up to me, my behaviour isn't always something that needs to be followed.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar